- Best used proactively, before algae has had time to develop.
- Place this barley straw in shallow water in a sunny location; putting it in a stream, waterfall or near constant water movement is ideal
- For best results, split each barley straw bale into smaller, 4 ounce clumps and space them along the pond's or other waterscape's perimeter.
- Recommended application is approximately 8 oz per 1,000 gallons of water.
- For best results, reapply the barley straw every 4 to 6 months.
- When applying the straw to the water, it is convenient to first put it into a mesh bag (or similar) before placing around the pond's perimeter.