Matala Filter Sheets
- S-Matala - Full sheets 48" x 39" Half sheets 24" x 39"
- One sheet is 13 sq.ft.
- 8 sq.ft. equals 1 cubic ft of media.
- One full sheet equals 1.6 cubic feet or 12 gallon volume.
- Semi-rigid and self-supporting
- Specific gravity: 0.95. Slightly buoyant.
- Made of Thermopoly Propylene compound - Nontoxic to environment.
- Weight per sheet is between 6 to 8 pounds depending on density.
- Made of Thermo-Polypropylene Compounds (TPPC)
- Formed into layers/shapes of thickness
- Very Resistant to plugging
- Excellent bacteria adhesion
- Lightweight, Very Durable
- Easy to cut and fit
The various densities can be used in sequence or separately for unique filtration requirements. This is one of the greatest characteristics which Matala has to offer.
No other media on the market can perform this step-wise filtration. Matala effectively separates large particles to small and still maintains a very aerobic and free flow of water without channeling.
Matala is slightly buoyant and will not sink to the bottom of your filter. Matala stood vertically on end will not float. Matala stacked horizontally will hold each other down.
Due to it's rigidity the Matala can be wedged in place in the filter without support.